Pass Lookout Tower
1934, this 40' treated timber L-4 tower, on a small peak 3/4 mile southeast of
the pass, was airlifted by helicopter to Camp Waskowitz conservation camp near
North Bend as a permanent exhibit in 1974. There was also a 20' L-4 tower 1 mile
to the north of the main lookout for a time.
lookout tower that was purchased by Waskowitz for $1 from the USFS, and moved
from Stampede Pass in two pieces via helicopter to Camp Waskowitz in 1974.
Stampede Pass Fire Lookout in original location
Stampede Pass Fire Lookout after move to Camp Waskowitz in 1974